Friday, February 12, 2010

39 Weeks

Alright here we are 39 weeks!! Only 4 days till I reach the 40 week mark. Let me tell you I am SOOOO READY to be done with this. I am sure most all women would say once they reach this point you are very much so ready to be done. I am officially completely uncomfortable, can't sleep and as of last weeks check the doctor doesn't want me working.
When I went to my 38 week check everything looked good I was 25% effaced, dilated to 1 cm and at a station -1. The doctor also noted that my swelling looked to be a little worse and he asked if at night the swelling goes down after raising my legs, I informed him it wasn't seeming to go down like it use to. He than proceeded to tell me that he did not want me working AT ALL anymore. I was, to say the least, very upset with this news. At 38 weeks pregnant that was the last thing I expected to hear. I just figured, crap I have gotten this far you would think if that baby came now it would be okay. He said the reason for him doing this was because it wasn't good for my health or the baby's to be on my feet for 10 hours a day with the swelling I was having. My blood pressure on the other hand is good. Instead of it getting higher it seems to drop every week. At 38 weeks it was 96/60. Soo...nothing to worry about there, which is good. However as I said I was not happy to be told I couldn't work, what was I going to do with myself?? So after talking with my boss and talking with the doctor again I got him to agree to let me work half days. I am to be at a desk sitting doing office work instead of standing and doing clinical work.
Soo...the last week has gone pretty slow. Not working like I usually do seems to make my days go slower. But I guess I am getting a lot done around the house, which is nice.
Today I had my 39 weeks check. I am now 50% effaced, still dilated to a 1cm and at a station -1. So somethings happening I guess...just slowly. I go back on Wednesday and at that time they will check me again and decided if I should come in on the 22nd or the 23rd to get induced. As of right now I am scheduled to be induce on the 23rd at 7am. This is however only taking place if this little guy/girl doesn't come by than. So here is to hoping I am NOT still pregnant on the 23rd!!
Well here are some lovely belly shots at 39 weeks.
I will keep at posted as to what happens after next Wednesday. : )




3 comments:

Jane said...

Hey Jackie! The end is in sight! Good luck to you! Can't wait to hear if it's Baby Boy or Baby Girl.

Kibby said...

Poor girl, atleast the end is near and the result will be WELL worth it all!! Can't wait to see the next baby Malloy :)

travelingtramps said...

Hang in there honey, you're almost there. It won't be long now..see you soon...Love you , Mom